| NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS |
Community Development Coordinator (CDC)
Community Development Coordinator – Job Description 2023
Under the oversight of the Executive Director, the CDC is responsible for:
- Leading core community revitalization efforts within Clarion County.
- The CDC will serve as the primary facilitator, advocate, and representative for the CCEDC’s strategic efforts to revitalize main streets, downtown corridors, and business districts within Clarion County. Revitalization efforts include but are not limited to streetscaping, building/parcel repurposing, beautification, partnership development, promotional activities/events, municipal engagement/advocacy, and funding obtainment. Efforts to achieve the revitalization goals/objectives should closely involve collaboration and partnerships among community stakeholders.
- Coordinating countywide modern infrastructure development.
- The CDC will act as point person for countywide infrastructure improvement initiatives, including broadband, electric, water, sewer, stormwater, natural gas, etc. This includes inventorying existing infrastructure and new infrastructure needs in key areas, spurring developer interest in key sites, and leveraging public funding for site remediation, development, and infrastructure installation.
- Additional Responsibilities
- The CDC will support the general mission of the office and assist the Executive Director on all economic development projects, when necessary.
The CDC will work closely with the Executive Director to grow and maintain strong relationships with local government and municipalities, while collaborating with State and community partner organizations to lead sustainable economic expansion and promote growth and advancement in the local economy. The CDC position plays a key role in serving businesses at the local level, as well as representing the county at regional, state, and national levels. Efforts central to the successful revitalization of core communities should actively provide insight and inform greater countywide economic development strategies.
- Lead the revitalization and support efforts of Clarion County’s core communities.
- Promote the development of underutilized buildings and parcels.
- Facilitate efforts to improve the appearance and functionality of Clarion County’s downtowns.
- Assist countywide broadband development in collaboration with Clarion County Broadband Committee
- Assist countywide infrastructure development in collaboration with partners and stakeholders
- Advance goals/objectives by developing actionable, task-oriented partnerships with community stakeholders including businesses, community partner organization, elected officials, municipalities, school districts, and individual community leaders.
- Develop and coordinate the activities of Main Street/downtown community programs.
- Foster development of core community visioning toward creation of actionable goals and objectives
- Develop and facilitate committees, sub-committees and/or teams that advance programmatic implementation of core communities’ identified goals and objectives.
- Initiate and maintain open communication between all partners/stakeholders to ensure advancement of revitalization efforts are community-wide and inclusive.
- Develop and implement strategies to advance key infrastructure expansion projects
- Conduct regular one-on-one meetings with business owners to learn their specific needs
- Pursue and obtain local, state, federal, and non-governmental funding to support identified projects.
- Provide regular monthly updates to CCEDC Board of Directors
- Assist with promotion of community partner events, activities, and programs.
- Develop and engage with base of volunteers.
- Research and write for grant funding.
- Act as Office Manager
- Oversee QuickBooks and present bi-weekly finance reports to Executive Director
- Attend monthly CCEDC Board meetings
- Manage website (including site selector and building/site database)
- Assist with all social media marketing
- Business and Community Engagement/Development
- Correspond with CCEDC members, promote membership
- Supervise Summerville Loan and Manage CCEDC rental properties.
- Collaborate with local and regional partner organizations to promote economic vitality of Northwestern Pennsylvania
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited University
- Valid Driver’s license
- 2-3 years of experience in Community & Economic Development / business knowledge of government & public administration
- Self-motivated – Able to manage projects with minimal direction
- Ability to problem-solve
- Collaborative and personable
- Visionary, creative, and driven
- Competent with technology and MS Office
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Competent with public speaking
Preferred (but not required) qualifications:
- Background In grant research/writing
- Understanding of finance/capital investment
- Knowledge of municipal planning
- Full-time position, Monday-Friday
- Local travel during business hours is to be expected
- Occasional regional travel during non-business hours is possible
- Occasional evening/weekend hours is possible
- Base salary range – $38,000 – $42,000, based on experience.
- Health Insurance stipend
- Roth IRA
About the CCEDC:
The CCEDC is a non-profit, economic development organization in Clarion County, Pennsylvania. The organization supports the local economy by attracting wealth generating companies to the region, while connecting local businesses with the resources they need to grow and thrive. The CCEDC seeks to represent the county in a positive, forward-thinking fashion. Understanding the challenges within our local economic environment and finding holistic solutions that reflect and empower the community at-large is key to finding success within the CCEDC.